Project name: Blacktown Child Care Centre Review & Assessment
Location: Blacktown (NSW)
Client: Blacktown City Council
Brief: MacroPlan was commissioned to undertake a detailed financial appraisal of Blacktown City Council operated childcare centres and related services. The purpose of our assessment was to provide Council with clarity pertaining to the future viability of its services and to provide insight into the potential benefits and savings that could be achieved through rationalisation of the service.
Methodology: MacroPlan focused on five key tasks as part of their approach:
- A review of where the private sector was positioned in terms of responding to current regulations
- An aggregate assessment of Council’s long day care child care services utilising current year and past accounts
- A ‘centre-by-centre’ performance analysis of each centre’s strengths and weaknesses
- An assessment of other care services including Vacation Care and Before and After School Care services
- Presentation of our findings to Council’s Policy Committee
Result: MacroPlan’s delivered a high quality financial and operational appraisal of Council’s Child Care Service and assisted council for developing a policy position with respect to this service.
Services: Financial appraisal, survey, analysis, research, recommended actions, review of regulations,