Project name: Celtic Club Redevelopment Strategy
Client: Celtic Club
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Methodology: MacroPlan was engaged by the Celtic Club to work with the Club to develop a strategy for achieving redevelopment approval for their site at 316-322 Queen Street, Melbourne. The planning approval obtained was for a new Club facility to be constructed behind the retained heritage façade of the existing building, and a 40 storey residential tower above.
Key project elements included:
- Significant stakeholder engagement involving a surveys of up to 800 members and targeted consultation with members
- A detailed project feasibility analysis
- Coordination of design studies for the development of new Club facilities on the premises
- Coordination of a market sounding process and commercial transactions process
- Ongoing commercial and planning advice
Result: MacroPlan was successful in securing a timely planning outcome for the Club which will allow multi-storey redevelopment of the Club’s premises. MacroPlan also assisted the Club in seeking potential JV partners for the redevelopment of the site, providing commercial and property advice, and assisted the Club in communicating the progress of the project to their membership.