Project name: Short Stay Accommodation Needs Assessment
Location: Port Hedland, Pilbara (WA)
Brief: MacroPlan were commissioned to assess the current and future accommodation market, perform a high-level competitor analysis and strategy report as well as identify gaps and opportunities in the hospitality market of Port Hedland.
As part of the future accommodation assessment, MacroPlan also provided an overview of the Port Hedland economy, current and future industry projects and an assessment of FIFO numbers and their accommodation requirements.
Methodology: In producing the accommodation market assessment report, the following tasks were undertaken:
- Assess proposed supply of hotel, motel, caravan and camp site accommodation.
- Overview of the current Port Hedland economy.
- Identify significant mining and infrastructure projects.
- Assess the likely demand impacts on hotel occupancy rates and tariffs.
- Market research on food and beverage providers in Port Hedland.
Result: MacroPlan delivered an extensive report which captured the current economic conditions of Port Hedland and provided a sound understanding of what can be expected in terms of the hospitality market in the future.